Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Too warm too soon

Today I paddled my boat for 100 minutes.  These days I'm on a Sunday-Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday training schedule, but as I have a dentist appointment tomorrow morning and another doctor appointment after lunch, I decided to go to the river today rather than try to squeeze it in tomorrow.

I haven't yet heard today's high temperature, but it's freakishly warm--in the 80s, no question.  I felt pretty hot while doing some work outside this afternoon.  I'm not terribly sorry we had a mild winter, but I sure hope we have some bona-fide spring weather before the summer dog days get here.

One thing about a warm sunny day is it brings out the turtles and snakes out on the river.  I saw one snake and a whole bunch of turtles today.  I really enjoy the turtles: they sit on floating logs and sun themselves, sometimes a dozen of them lined up on one log.  When they see me coming, they file off into the water, creating a series of "ploop, ploop, ploop" sounds.  I've always thought that's kind of cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment