Saturday, February 16, 2013

Energized

I feel like I've hit my stride with my strength routine for this month.  The exercises seemed tough and I was wicked sore when the month started, but now my muscles are adapting and I'm feeling some "pep in my step" as I do them.  Seeing as how my first race of the season is just two weeks away, that's a nice feeling.

I also like having the routine broken up among several different locations.  Rather than slogging through one long workout session, I get a couple of breaks that enable me to really give everything I've got to every part of the workout.  I think that's especially important with these power-building exercises I'm doing.

Yesterday morning I did two sets of each strength exercise, then paddled my boat for 70 minutes.  Since then I have been concentrating on good recovery (just as important as the workouts, as I've mentioned before).  I've had some trouble sleeping the last few nights and that's not helping, but I'm availing myself of some hot tub soaking and relaxed stretching.

No comments:

Post a Comment