Monday, February 25, 2013

Georgia's on my mind

Yesterday morning I did two full sets of the February strength routine and paddled for 60 minutes, doing one last set of five fifteen-stroke bucket tows before my race this Saturday.

Then I put my boat on the car and started driving east.  I took Lamar Avenue out of town, where it turns into U.S. 78.  This road took me to Birmingham, and from there I took Interstate 20 into Georgia. In Atlanta I picked up I-85 north and made my way to the college town of Athens.  I'm now staying at the home of my longtime buddy Travis, who teaches at the law school there.

Travis is nice enough to let me visit for a couple of days during this difficult time, and I hope he knows I'll always be available to him if he ever goes through something similar (though I sure hope he never does, because his wife and daughter are two of the most delightful people I know).  Besides hanging out with him, I plan to do a little paddling and stretching and resting up for this Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're having a good trip in Georgia, Elmore. Glad you've got some good folks there to hang with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Contrarian Marian. I'm having a good time visiting with two-year-old Olivia.

    ReplyDelete