Monday, March 23, 2015

Slowly mending

By yesterday morning my foot was showing a bit of improvement.  I realized as I descended the ramp down to the marina that I was almost able to walk without a limp.  It was still quite swollen, but at least the swelling hadn't increased.  I have a follow-up visit with a doctor today.

I paddled for 70 minutes in a steady drizzle.  After being quite low for most of the winter, the Mississippi has risen up over 30 feet on the Memphis gauge (official "flood stage" is 34 feet).  At such levels it's fun to paddle along the Greenbelt Park north of the Hernando DeSoto Bridge, because you can actually see from your boat what's going on there.  Not much was going on yesterday because of the wet conditions, but it was nice nevertheless to look at the park's green grass and trees rather than a riprap-lined riverbank.

The drizzle had increased into a sure-enough downpour by the time I returned to the dock.  It felt good to go back home and listen to the rain on my roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment