Saturday, March 14, 2015

Somebody please come fix me

It hasn't been a big week for blog posts, I know, but if it's any consolation, I haven't done anything particularly new or exciting this week.  I did the March strength routine on Monday and Wednesday and Friday and paddled my boat on Sunday and Tuesday and Thursday and today, doing a few sprints and a few drills and lots of steady paddling.

The weather has been warmer at last--Fahrenheit temperatures in the 60s most days.  It's also been cloudy and rainy.  As much as I yearn for a beautiful warm sunny day, I do think the river is lovely on days like we've had this week.  This morning was particularly beautiful, the river shrouded in a thick fog.

Unfortunately I'm not feeling tip-top today.  I woke up this morning feeling as if I'd slept in an awkward position: the whole right side of my back, though not really in pain, felt all out of whack.  Before I left the house this morning I did several stretches and yoga positions I hoped might pop things back into alignment, but to no avail.  In the boat I went fairly easy, mixing in some backpaddling to see if that would help.  Though I felt some better afterward, I've continued to feel maladjusted the rest of the day.  This happens from time to time and typically I just have to let it run its course.

No comments:

Post a Comment