Sunday, August 30, 2015

Post-race fun stuff

The results of yesterday's Big River Regional race have now been posted.  My time for the 13-mile race down the Mississippi River at Baton Rouge was one hour, 26 minutes, 20 seconds--three seconds slower than the overall fastest time posted by the OC-2 team of Gary and Matt Wise.  (Only one member of each "team" boat is listed in the results.)  I'm not sure I believe Ted Burnell was eight whole seconds behind me, but that's what it says.

Gary Wise was the sternman in the OC-2, the man I spoke to during and after the race.  It turns out Matt Wise is his grandson.  As I mentioned in my last post, I thought I understood Gary to say he lived in Austin, but according to today's Baton Rouge Advocate, he and his grandson live in Miramar Beach, Florida.

The results are posted in photograph form on Face Book, so I share them here.




The race organizers also posted the following photo on Face Book: a group shot of everybody that happened to be hanging around the post-race party when the awards rolled around.  Even though it's a huge group of people, I'm easy to spot because I happen to be standing over on the far right.  That's me in the grey Outdoors, Inc., shirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment