Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Good place to train, if I could

I'm down at Dauphin Island until Friday.  The weather is gorgeous and I'm enjoying doing a whole lot of nothing this afternoon.

This morning I did some brief, easy paddling with my 12-year-old niece and my 13-year-old nephew. I wasn't sure how enthusiastic to paddle they'd be and I even considered not bringing a boat down for them, but as it turned out they were eager to go, especially my niece, so I'm glad I threw it on the car. They probably could have paddled all around the island if it weren't for my own physical limitation.

My hip didn't feel any worse than it felt when I paddled Saturday, but it didn't feel any better, either.  It's hard not to wonder whether I'll really be ready to race three weeks from Saturday.  The discomfort is such that I felt I could rev my engine if I needed to,  but right now I'm still nervous about making it worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment