Monday, May 2, 2016

Monday photo feature


I mentioned several weeks ago that I was sort of rooting for the C2 team of Casey Eichfeld and Devin McEwan to make the U.S. Olympic Team because Devin is the son of the first U.S. Olympic medalist in whitewater slalom, the late Jamie McEwan.

What I did not mention is that Olympic medal notwithstanding, Jamie was not even the most famous member of his family.  Devin's mother, and Jamie's widow, is none other than cartoonist Sandra Boynton, the creator of those cute hippos and rhinos and similar critters that you see on greeting cards and coffee mugs and stuff.  A couple of years ago I got me this cool Boynton tee shirt that Devin and Casey were selling.

The Olympic selection process for slalom resumes this coming weekend on the new whitewater course at Oklahoma City.  McEwan/Eichfeld are hoping to win an Olympic berth in the C2 class, and the women's kayak (K1W) berth is up for grabs as well.

This past weekend saw a selection event for flatwater sprint racing on Lake Lanier at Gainesville, Georgia.  The field of contenders for spots on the U.S.  Olympic Team has been narrowed down, as explained on the Surf Ski News website, here.  I'll talk more about it once I get up to speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment