Monday, March 19, 2018

Monday photo feature


We canoe and kayak racers are a frugal bunch, and we don't pass up an opportunity to couch-surf at friends' houses while traveling to races.  This past weekend I stayed with my friend Nick Kinderman in Ocean Springs, and he even provided me with a sure-enough bed.

Nick shares his home with this beautiful Australian shepherd.  Her name is Sierra, and she's extremely protective of her master and wary of strangers like me.  I'm usually pretty good at making friends with animals, but I've never quite been able to win Sierra over.  My offers of petting are always greeted with low growls, and when I move about the house she wants to "herd" me by nipping at my ankles.

Oh well... I love her anyway.  I wouldn't be much of a human being not to love a pretty and loyal creature like Sierra.

No comments:

Post a Comment