Friday, March 30, 2018

Continuing to get good work in

On Monday I did a round of the current strength routine.  Tuesday was another warm and windy day.  I was on my own to paddle because Joe was in an extended meeting, and as I was still feeling tired from Sunday's paddle as well as Monday's strength work, I decided a nice taut 60-minute sort of thing in the harbor was what I needed.  I warmed up and did three 8-stroke sprints, and then paddled on the fast side of medium for the rest of the hour.  I tried to keep my body relaxed, even when I was paddling into the teeth of that wind.

A bunch of rain moved through the Mid South Wednesday and yesterday.  By the time I was in the boat yesterday morning it had just about moved out, but the wind was blowing again.  I felt that another good "speedy" session was in order.  I warmed up paddling south, into the wind, and then did three 8-stroke sprints with the wind at my back.  Then I paddled south again, to the mouth of the harbor, and turned around for a good long downwind leg.  When I reached the monorail bridge I timed myself from there to the Hernando DeSoto Bridge--a distance of about 450 meters.  My time was a second or two under two minutes--very wind-aided, yes, but it's always nice to be able to break two minutes at this point in the season.  I hope that a in a couple of months I'll be doing sets of four of these sprints all under two minutes.  I spent the rest of the hour paddling a strong tempo.

I did rounds of the strength routine on Wednesday and today.  I believe I'll come up with something
new for the month of April.

No comments:

Post a Comment