Friday, March 9, 2018

Aside from the high water, it was a generic week

I took my boat home and repaired that broken rudder pedal on Monday.  By Tuesday the boat was back on the water.  Joe had a conflict and couldn't make it, so I paddled by myself for 60 minutes.  I paddled up the Mississippi and into the flooded Greenbelt Park, and attracted no attention from local authorities.

I did another 60-minute paddle yesterday.  After warming up and doing three 8-stroke sprints, I paddled a quick tempo for 30 minutes before cooling down and returning to the dock.

The Mississippi River crested today at 39.44 feet on the Memphis gauge.  It's dropping now, but slowly: it isn't expected to fall below the official "flood stage" of 34 feet until the end of next week.

I did the strength routine this week on Monday, Wednesday, and today.

No comments:

Post a Comment