Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Race schedule update

As most of you know, a global pandemic has prompted the cancellation of events of all kinds.  Sadly, canoe and kayak racing is not immune.  This Saturday's "Paddle Bender" race in South Carolina, which I had decided not to attend but for which many friends of mine were registered, got canceled yesterday.  The first race of my season, the "Battle On The Bayou" event scheduled for a week from this Saturday down at Ocean Springs, Mississippi, was called off this morning.

I have a feeling there will be more casualties before this crisis has run its course.  As far as I know, the events listed below are still on for now, but I recommend seeking updates frequently.  I will share whatever I know as soon as I know it.


April
18  Bluz Cruz Canoe and Kayak Race.  Mississippi River, Vicksburg, Mississippi.  A 22-mile race down the largest river in North America.  Register


June
6  Taylorsville Lake Paddle Battle.  Taylorsville Reservoir, Taylorsville, Kentucky.  A 10-mile flatwater race.

13  Outdoors, Inc., Canoe and Kayak Race.  Mississippi River, Memphis, Tennessee.  The 39th edition of this classic.  A 5000-meter dash down the largest river in North America.


July
18-20  Gorge Downwind Championships.  Columbia River, Hood River, Oregon.  A 14-mile race in the epic downwind conditions of the Columbia River Gorge.



For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment