Friday, March 6, 2020

Another week's wrap-up

On Tuesday I did a round of the strength routine and then paddled a loop of the harbor with Joe.

I had a workout planned for yesterday, but with a busy morning I was worried my head wouldn't be in it.  Once I was in the boat paddling, however, the outside concerns fell away and I got down to business.  After warming up and doing three 8-stroke sprints, I did eight pieces of 1 minute on, 2 minutes off.  The workout felt taxing while it was going on, but I recovered quickly after the last piece.  With more than 20 minutes left in the 60-minute session I did a couple of long surges in which I kept the stroke rate moderate but pulled hard on each stroke.

I did another round of the strength routine this morning.

We haven't had anywhere near the volume of rain I'd been expecting at the beginning of the week.  We were spared the tornados and violent storms that laid waste to parts of middle Tennessee.  Today was bright and sunny, albeit cool.  It's supposed to warm up gradually this weekend.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment