Sunday, March 1, 2020

This weekend: not bad

That sore throat I mentioned at the end of my last post has given way to ordinary coughing and sniffles.  The good news is that I otherwise don't really feel that sick.  My energy level might be down a little but my daily life is proceeding as normal.

Yesterday I went out for a 100-minute paddle.  With the Mississippi River flowing around 34.7 feet on the Memphis gauge, there was plenty of water for me to paddle over onto Dacus Lake.  I pushed the pace at times but generally just paddled however I felt like.

This morning I paddled for 60 minutes and did a short workout.  I did two sets of this:

20-second sprint
60-second recovery
20-second sprint
50-second recovery
20-second sprint
40-second recovery
20-second sprint
30-second recovery
20-second sprint
20-second recovery
20-second sprint
10-second recovery
20-second sprint

I held up well for most of the workout.  I started to struggle with my form a bit during the last couple of pieces.

Both yesterday and today, I warmed up and did three 8-stroke sprints in the harbor during the first ten minutes.

I see a pattern emerging here: a quick, crisp workout on Thursday; a longer paddle on Saturday; another crisp workout on Sunday; and a recovery paddle on Tuesday.  It seems to suit me all right and we'll see how it goes for the next few weeks.

We've finally had some warmer weather with some sunshine yesterday and today, with the Fahrenheit temperature rising into the 60s.  I think it's supposed to stay warm for a while but rain heavily.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment