Sunday, January 9, 2022

Good old January

It was about 18 degrees Fahrenheit outside when I got up Friday morning.  Even though the sun was out for most of the day, the temperature never quite made it above the freezing point.  It was a good day to stay in and do a gym session.

When I got down to the river yesterday morning it had warmed up to about 38 degrees, but it was overcast and a chilly east-southeast wind was blowing.  It wasn't all that pleasant, but I've paddled in much worse, and of course I reminded myself that in two weeks I'll be where it's summer.  I went out and paddled for 80 minutes, leaving the harbor and going up the Mississippi to the mouth of the Wolf River, then coming back down to the harbor and back to the dock.  I paddled a strong pace most of the way.

Today has been a weird one: abnormally warm temperatures and torrential rain in the morning, and then falling temperatures and a screaming north wind in the afternoon.  I had a non-athletic commitment in the morning, and though I'd thought about getting on the bike in the afternoon, the miserable weather outside made me decide to do that tomorrow, when it's supposed to be chilly but sunny.

On the weight-watching front, I peaked at 156 pounds in the middle of last week, but since then I've been muddling around in 152-153 territory.  Such yo-yoing seems to be the pattern.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment