Sunday, January 16, 2022

Working around the winter weather once more

Friday was not what I call gorgeous--overcast skies, temperature around 52 degrees Fahrenheit--but with some frigid winter weather moving in later this weekend, I made sure to get out and paddle.  I did a nice crisp 70 minutes, with a big loop out on the Mississippi.

The worst weather wasn't due until last night, but I was happy to stay close to home yesterday with just a gym workout to do.  It started raining as I did my gym in the late morning, and continued raining, heavily at times, for the rest of the day.

The rain turned to snow in the early hours of this morning, and when I got up around 6 AM there was maybe an inch of wet, slushy snow on the ground.  According to the hourly forecast, the sun is supposed to come out in the afternoon, and the temperature is supposed to rise to about 40 degrees, so I don't think this snow will be with us for long.  I'm hoping for nicer weather in the coming days so I can get one or two more good sessions in the boat before I head for where it's summer.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment