Sunday, January 2, 2022

Our bipolar winter continues along

On Friday morning I followed up Thursday's workout with a good steady 80-minute paddle.  The river was shrouded in a beautiful light fog, and the temperature was about 67 degrees Fahrenheit.  I was out there wearing shorts and a couple of light shirts.  As I paddled up the Mississippi a barge rig came downriver with some nice-looking waves behind it, but as I was dressed for the air temperature rather than the water temperature, I resisted the urge to surf.

The weather forecast definitely shaped my training schedule this weekend.  The temperature rose throughout Friday, and by yesterday morning it was in the mid 70s.  And storms were approaching from the northwest.  Around 10 AM I started my gym session out on the back deck and watched the western sky get darker and darker.  Soon enough the rain arrived, and I moved indoors to complete the routine.

We saw some heavy rain the rest of the day, and apparently some parts of town got some strong winds that knocked out the electricity, but everything was just fine in my neighborhood.  The storms have now moved on, and behind them is just the sort of weather we expect this time of year.  Today's high isn't expected to exceed 35 or 36 degrees, and there's talk of some of that "wintry mix" precipitation in the middle of the day.  The temperature is supposed to drop into the mid 20s overnight.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment