Monday, January 10, 2022

Monday photo feature

Last year at about this time I was in Florida, doing some training on the Rainbow River with people like (from left) Chris Hipgrave, Alessia Faverio, and Terry Smith.

Some of the same people were back in the Sunshine State in the last couple of weeks, doing some more workouts in much balmier conditions than I had up here in the Mid South.  I would have loved to join them, but with a trip to South Africa coming up just a week from this Friday, I elected to tough it out at home.  Part of the reason was to save money (the South Africa trip is expensive) and part of the reason was to avoid the elevated risk of COVID-19 exposure (I must present a negative result from a PCR test to be admitted to the R.S.A.).

Whether my training up here is as effective as what I could have done down in Florida is anybody's guess. But assuming nothing stops me from getting in a boat on southern hemisphere waters in a couple of weeks, I don't think I'll be feeling too bad about my decision to skip Florida.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment