Monday, August 8, 2022

Monday photo feature

It's August of 2018 on Fontana Reservoir near Almond, North Carolina.  That's Pete Greene of Beaufort, South Carolina, in the foreground, closing out his defeat of me (left) and Sven Jonsson of Bryson City, North Carolina.

As you can see in the bottom left corner, the photographer is one Sarah Ruhlen.  I didn't really know her at all, but I came to recognize her name from the many photographs she took at events around the region that surrounds the Nantahala River.

Though she was only 24 years old, Ms. Ruhlen passed away this past week.  I don't know the details, but I do know she'd been diagnosed with dysautonomia, or dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system.

I think we had at least a small number of mutual friends, and for their loss, I am sorry.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment