Sunday, August 7, 2022

Plowing through a muggy weekend

I could tell first thing yesterday morning that it would be a steamy day.  The rain had moved out but the humidity was still plenty high, and the temperature was quickly rising under a sunny sky.  When I went down to the river and paddled for 60 minutes, a fairly strong south breeze was the only thing that made it bearable.  I felt tired and sluggish in the boat, and the soreness in my left deltoid/biceps area was bad.  It might be time for me to return to the chiropractor's office: she seemed confident we could address this problem when I saw her back before my trip, but we might not have gotten enough sessions in.

This morning I did another bike ride.  I did my usual loop around Patriot Lake, getting out there and back on the Greater Memphis Greenline.  The Greenline is nice this time of year because it's shady.  It actually was a pretty morning with lots of sunshine, but it was also warm and humid.  This past week the temperature has been up and down and the rain has come and gone, but high humidity has been the constant.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment