Monday, April 1, 2019

Monday photo feature


The "Battle On The Bayou" race at Ocean Springs celebrated its tenth year this past weekend.  I am one of nine people who have participated in all ten races.  When I decided to attend the first one in 2010, it was because it wasn't too bad a drive from Memphis, the course distance suited me okay, and I needed a race to do at that time of year.  I never set any grand goal to make ten of these in a row; it just sort of became a habit, driving down to the Mississippi Gulf Coast each March to open my race season.  Now I have yet another reminder of the relentless march of time.

First row, left to right: Yours truly, Carol Dearing, David Waters, Wayne Berry; Second row, left to right: Nate Payne, Nick Kinderman, John Collins, Doug Heller, Jeb Berry.

Yes, I know I stick out like a sore thumb in this photo.  They gave each of us a special orange shirt to wear, but I'd left mine back at the house.  And to think I'm usually so good at blending into the wallpaper...

Photo by Donna Collins.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment