Monday, April 29, 2019

Monday photo feature


I've been to many canoe and kayak racing events, and have seen the full array of "extras" race organizers try to offer for the racers' enjoyment.  Such things include live music, a free beer or two, a post-race meal, and, of course, the old reliable swag bag.

The Lower Atchafalaya Sprint Races that I attended this past weekend had something no other event has: the one and only Lower Atchafalaya Queen.  As the awards ceremony concluded, race director Ray Pellerin announced that the Queen (I think her actual name was Mallory) would be available to take photographs with her adoring subjects.  How could I pass up an opportunity like that?  Mallory's mother was handling the photography duties, so I handed her my phone and took up my position alongside Her Majesty.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment