Monday, June 4, 2012

Bama beach

This morning I did seven laps of the May strength circuit.  Yes, I know it's June now, but with the OICKR just twelve days away, there's no point starting up something new right now.

Then I kissed Martha, got in the car, and started driving south.  On and on I went: Batesville, Grenada, Jackson, Hattiesburg, Mobile... and when I reached Dauphin Island, I stopped.

And here I am!  Dauphin Island is on the Alabama Gulf Coast at the mouth of Mobile Bay.  My mother has rented a house on the island and she and my sister's family and I are enjoying a little beach time.  Martha couldn't come, sadly--she has a meeting this week that she couldn't get out of.

I plan to do my last couple of hard workouts before the OICKR here, and I brought the tandem kayak so I can take my nieces and nephews out paddling.  Stay tuned for all the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment