Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Better but not pain-free

I took some time off Monday and yesterday to let my hamstring heal a little.  It's doing somewhat better but there's still a painful spot right up under my left butt cheek.  I went down and paddled for 60 minutes today and would have felt great if not for that discomfort.  I hope it will be better by this Saturday, when I enter the Arkansas "Big Dog" Race on the White River up at Calico Rock.

Here's a neat little video from last Saturday's race in which Greg Barton recounts how it went for him.  My favorite part is the footage of the start, when the race boats and all the other 200 or so boats are pouring out of the Wolf onto the Mississippi.  It looks very different from any previous OICKR start because of the low water.  And I think it looks beautiful.  In my opinion there just aren't many better sights than a river full of canoes and kayaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment