Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Proud uncle

Today I did the same workout I did last Tuesday--45 seconds on, 30 seconds off--but I did eight pieces rather than twelve.  The workout didn't feel nearly as punishing today as it did last week.

After that, I returned to our dock in a little cove off Mississippi Sound, swapped out the surf ski for the tandem boat, and took three of my four nieces and nephews out paddling.  Ben, just shy of ten years old, went first, followed by Rachel, 8, and Joel, 14.  All three did great.  Joel, being the most mature and having joined me for several paddling adventures in the past, seemed like a veteran in the seat behind me.  I told both Ben and Rachel to concentrate on paddling in sync with me, and they did.  These kids live near Charlotte, North Carolina, and I'm sorry I don't get to paddle and spend time with them more often than I do.

In the afternoon we walked over to the Gulf side and swam at the beach.  It was warm and humid, but the Gulf breeze made things quite pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment