Sunday, September 23, 2012

Dragon boats in Memphis

I had a couple of good sessions on the water this weekend.  The Mississippi is very low but it appears that water is on its way from higher places.  The Tennessee and Ohio drainages apparently have gotten some rain.

Yesterday the second annual dragon boat races were underway as I paddled out of the harbor.  I participated last year as a member of the Outdoors, Inc., team, but since that company did not enter a team this year I sat this one out.  It looked like everybody was having a swell time.

2 comments:

  1. Well, if you're looking for information on the Memphis dragon boat races, perhaps you will find this website more "informatic":

    http://memphis.racedragonboats.com/


    Meanwhile, I would not consider this blog a source for the most up-to-date news. It's really just an outlet for my opinions, observations, and general thoughts on the subject of canoe and kayak racing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And no, I do not care to charter a yacht in Dubai. But thank you!

    ReplyDelete