Thursday, September 6, 2012

Summer's still breathing its fire

We're having the worst wave of hot weather since that brutal stretch we had back in July.  Yesterday's high was 99 degrees with a heat index up around 105 or so, and as I rode my bike down to the river this morning, I could tell today would be similar.  I felt fully immersed in lower Mississippi swelter as I walked my bike down the ramp to the marina.

I did the 60-minute session that's been standard for me lately.  I played around some more with my Go Pro camera, too.

The last fifteen minutes or so were tough as I paddled up the harbor back to the marina.  The breeze was at my back and the sun beat down relentlessly.  By the time I got home, I was soaked and worn out, and all I wanted to do was dry off and take a nap.

This evening our iconic Memphis weatherman Dave Brown confirmed what I already knew: it was darn hot today.  98 degrees was the high.  Relief is on the way, however: a front is due through here tomorrow night (possibly with some violent thunderstorms), and then the high on Saturday is supposed to be in the high 70s.  I am so ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment