Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Low on power and water

A big front came through late Monday and when Joe and I spent an hour paddling in the harbor yesterday morning, it was noticeably cooler with a stiff north wind.

I'm still learning all the quirks of my Go Pro camera.  Using it for the first time after charging it a few days earlier, I had it quit on me after only a couple of minutes because the battery was dead.  Apparently those things don't hold their charge very long.

It was a shame, because in several spots in the harbor the Asian carp were really jumping, and that would have made for some fun footage.  But I reckon I'll have more chances to film some flying fish.

I think the places where the fish were jumping were particularly shallow.  We got a bump in the water level after Hurricane Isaac, but now the river is dropping out of sight again.  Yesterday's level was -9.0 feet on the Memphis gauge.

No comments:

Post a Comment