Monday, August 26, 2013

Monday photo feature


There's a truly nifty park-and-play spot on the Colorado River upstream of Grand Junction.  "Big Sur" forms when the river rises above 20,000 cfs and the dam just downstream at Cameo opens its gates, allowing what's usually an impounded section of river to flow.  The picture of me above was taken in the summer of 1997 or '98.  The photographer was a guy I used to know named Tim... arrgh, his last name escapes me.

I've been thinking a lot about the American West lately.  I haven't been out there since a trip to New Mexico, Colorado, and Utah in 2005.  I want to go back to the Rockies, and to canyon country, and to California, and to Idaho, and to British Columbia, and to Alaska... one day I'll have a little spare time and a little spare change, and I'll go to all those places.

No comments:

Post a Comment