Monday, August 19, 2013

Relax!!!

There's just one more Outdoors, Inc., kayaking class on the schedule for now.  It's this Saturday from eight to eleven o'clock.  Go here for registration information.

I continue to be sore from Friday's post-hole digging, especially in my wrists and forearms.

On an overcast but otherwise nice morning yesterday, I paddled the K1 for 60 minutes in the harbor.  I did some drills (hesitation drill, one-sided paddling, backpaddling) and a couple of short sprints.

One thing I was conscious of during the session was my need to relax the lower half of my body.  In a tippy boat like the K1 there's a desire to "grip" the boat with my buttocks and legs to keep it upright.  But all that really accomplishes is to make my stroke more herky-jerky than it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment