Monday, October 21, 2013

Monday photo feature


Well, an entire week went by and I didn't paddle my boat even one time.  Hence the lack of posts since last Monday's photo.

But it's not unusual for me to take a little break this time of year.  And this year I have done so under special circumstances: at long last, I am living in my new place.  I moved in last Monday with the help of some wonderful friends.

The photo above shows the building as of this morning (compare it to the photo I took back in May and featured in this post).  There is work yet to come on the storefront, along with plenty of chores behind the facade.  In addition to getting my stuff moved in and settled, I have spent the past week tackling the long to-do list, which includes caulking, painting, installing doorknobs and other door hardware, sealing countertops, building closet shelves, creating storage space for boats and gear, and getting my woodworking shop moved and set up.

I'm a very routine-oriented guy, and having a "home base" from which to follow my routine is important to me.  And of course, including some paddling in my routine is a must.  Soon, I'll have the trappings of a paddler's life re-settled at last: my paddles, my clothes, a clothesline to hang wet gear on, all those little things.  The marina is about three miles due west of my building, and I'm pleased to say that the majority of the route will include protected bike lanes soon.

So even though I'm out of the boat right now, I'm laying the logistical groundwork for the next season, and I'm excited about the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment