Friday, March 7, 2014

Fatigue and stroke mechanics

It's a nice sunny day at last.  Fahrenheit high in the 50s.  The last of the snow and ice is quickly disappearing.

My abdominals have been wicked sore since I did my new strength exercises on Tuesday.  I did a light version of the strength routine and then headed for the river.

I paddled for 60 minutes, doing a set of 30-second sprints at four-minute intervals during the half hour from 0:20 to 0:50.  I haven't wanted to admit it, but this is a tough workout.  I got in eight sprints, and during the last several I was debating whether my form was holding up well enough to continue.  I did finish it out because as a kid I was taught that that's what tough guys do, but I need to pay attention to my mechanical quality when I do pieces like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment