Saturday, March 1, 2014

Out of sorts

I'm going through a period of low motivation right now.  I have these occasionally, as do, I would guess, most other athletes, and I'm just trying to keep moving and work through it.  It's taking me a few extra ounces of gumption to get myself down to the river to paddle or do my strength routine here at the house.

On the bright side, February is gone for another year.  It's almost certainly my least favorite month of all: any afterglow from the holiday season has worn off, and the worst weather of winter often comes at this time.  March has arrived like a lamb, with calm conditions and a high temperature of 70 degrees Fahrenheit.

But winter's not done yet: according to the forecast on The Weather Channel's website, it'll be back down in the 50s and raining tomorrow, and the high will be 29 degrees Fahrenheit on Monday.  Sigh.  Surely we're almost finished with this stuff... aren't we?  Aren't we?

Well, I'd better stop rambling and tell everybody what I did today.  I paddled for 60 minutes, during which I warmed up, did eight six-stroke sprints at one-minute intervals, and did a half-dozen or so long (30- to 40-second) sprints with full recovery.

This past week I did the February strength routine on Tuesday and yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment