Friday, March 28, 2014

Race-day-eve

This morning I met Joe at the marina and we paddled for about forty minutes.  I did four 12-stroke sprints during this time.  Joe is paddling tandem with his wife Carol Lee in the Battle On The Bayou race tomorrow, so I helped him load the long, unwieldy tandem boat on his car.  Then he helped me load my boat, and snapped this picture as we carried it up the ramp:


Then I got in my car and headed south.  Six hours later I was in beautiful Ocean Springs.  The Mississippi Gulf Coast saw very heavy rain yesterday and today, but it's just about moved out.  I drove through little more than a drizzle.

Ready or not, I'll be racing around 10 AM CDT tomorrow.  I'm doing my best to be ready.  A hot shower and some stretching are on my schedule for this evening.  I was hoping to stream the baseball game between the Cardinals and their Triple-A affiliate, the Memphis Redbirds, at Autozone Park in Memphis, but I just found out it's a rainout.  Rats.

No comments:

Post a Comment