Monday, March 31, 2014

Thanks for reading

Yesterday I woke up sore from Saturday's race, but not too bad.  I have a massage scheduled for my stiff upper back this Tuesday evening, and I hope that will bring some relief.

I had a tutoring appointment back in Memphis scheduled for yesterday evening, so I tried to get moving.  I took my boat down to the water and paddled for 30 minutes in the Back Bay of Biloxi, just enough to get some blood flowing in my tired muscles.  Then I loaded up and hit the road, arriving home about six hours later.

Sometimes, in pathetic moments of self-pity, I feel like nobody reads this blog.  But every now and then, somebody I've never met before comes up to me and tells me how much he or she enjoys it.  On Saturday, a race entrant from Pensacola named David Waters did just that.  Little moments like that make my day.  Suddenly, I realize that maybe there is a purpose behind all this computer keyboard typing.

In this post right after last year's race at Ocean Springs, I recognized Maggie Pyle and Robert Nykvist for their readership.  Maybe I'll start a tradition here: anytime somebody comes up to me at a race and tells me how much he or she appreciates my blog, I'll give that person a shout-out here.  So, David Waters, this one's for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment