Monday, March 10, 2014

Monday photo feature


As I was winding up my paddling session yesterday, Joe and Carol Lee Royer came down to the marina with the intention of doing just what I had done: paddle around the Loosahatchie Bar.  Here's a picture Joe took of Carol Lee as they descended into the lower portion of the Loosahatchie Chute, where one can see the Hernando DeSoto Bridge and the downtown Memphis skyline.  Carol Lee is supposedly looking up at some white pelicans on their spring migration northward.

For those who don't know, the Loosahatchie Bar is a big island in the Mississippi River upstream of the Hernando DeSoto Bridge.  The Loosahatchie Chute is the channel of river between the Bar and the Arkansas bank.  In this photo, that's the Loosahatchie Bar to the boat's port (left) side.

I guess it's fairly common for me to share pictures that Joe has taken.  That's both because Joe is a good photographer and because he takes a camera in the boat with him a lot more often than I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment