Friday, April 3, 2015

Mending continues

I managed a decent night of sleep last night and didn't wake up ill for a third straight morning.  There's still sort of a heavy feeling in my stomach.  It's just going to take a while for my body's "good" bacteria to re-establish themselves and make me feel right again.  In the meantime, I'm walking that razor's edge between doing some good training and giving myself the rest I need.

Today I paddled for 80 minutes in the harbor, and did what we would have called some "pace work" back in my high school running days.  I did eight pieces of three minutes on, three minutes off, targeting the pace I hope to maintain in my next race, a 22-miler on the Mississippi down at Vicksburg next Saturday.  My stroke felt good, my muscles felt ready to go, and my energy level held up long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment