Sunday, April 12, 2015

Sunday photos feature

I've got that usual post-race-day feeling, with plenty of soreness down in my midsection.  I plan to do some easy paddling today to get some blood moving through those muscles and facilitate recovery.

Photographer Paul Ingram took many lovely photos of the Bluz Cruz Canoe and Kayak Race yesterday.  As of this writing he has shared only some of them on Face Book, but since I'm about to go out camping in the wilds of Mississippi and Louisiana and might not be online for a couple of days, I'll share a few here in lieu of this week's Monday Photo Feature.



Kata Dismukes does a systems check prior to a performance that would make her the ladies' champion.  That would be the Hungarian flag on her cockpit.




No race can start without the all-important racers' meeting.  That's me in the background with a navy-blue shirt and white hat on, holding my paddle upright.




There just aren't many places more beautiful than the Mississippi River bathed in morning sunlight.  The conditions would not remain this placid for long.




And... this would be me, trying to get all cylinders firing.

No comments:

Post a Comment