Wednesday, February 3, 2016

February strength routine

It's time for a new strength routine, and since I'll be traveling for a big chunk of this month I'm doing all body-weight exercises that require no equipment.

Last month's routine included a lot of exercises from this video featuring extreme kayak racer Michele Ramazza.  This month I'm doing one exercise from this video: the "super crunches."




The rest of this month's routine comes from this video, posted on Face Book by slalom coach Ron Lugbill a few weeks ago:



The exercises here all focus on explosive movements to build power, and they are technically quite tricky.  I'm spending the first few days of this month just learning them: I watch an exercise in the video, then I get down on the floor and try it myself, I see where I'm having difficulty, and I watch the video footage again to see how this athlete handles it.  I hope that by the time I'm in Hawaii I'll have a good grasp on all of them.

In summary, here are the list of exercises I have chosen for this month:

1.  Power plank-ups

2.  Super crunches

3.  Pendulum planks

4.  Glute/ham single-leg plyo bridge

5.  Hannibal pushups

6.  Rolling squat burpee


Like last month's routine, this one keeps me in near-constant motion, and I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment