Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Starting to settle in

I spent yesterday recovering from the traveling and getting familiar with my surroundings.  The kids were out of school for the Presidents Day holiday, so my cousin's family and I spent the afternoon driving around the southeastern portion of Oahu, beholding some of the majestic beauty of this most unique archipelago.

This morning I did the February strength routine, and then spent several hours checking out part of Oahu's north shore.  I visited the town of Hale'iwa, the reputed surfing capital of the world.

In the late afternoon I met Epic Kayaks representative Zsolt Szadovszki to pick up my rental boat, a V-10L.   My boat at home is a V-12, but I'm considering a V-10L for my next boat purchase and am taking this opportunity to paddle one for a few days.  I met Zsolt next to the Ala Wai Canal near Waikiki Beach, and once I had the boat I did a 60 minute paddle in the canal.  I warmed up and did three 8-stroke sprints, and then just paddled around trying to get used to the boat.  So far I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment