Monday, February 29, 2016

Monday photo feature


Last week I borrowed my cousin's Go Pro camera to get some shots out on the water around Oahu.

I actually own a Go Pro camera myself, but I haven't used it in several years.  I think the reason is the incredible glut of Go Pro videos posted on You Tube and shared on social media: every now and then I find a video worth watching, because it was shot in a locale I'm fascinated with or was shot in a race I'm interested in; but most of them seem utterly mediocre and forgettable to me, and I just don't want to be That Guy.

But I used my cousin's camera to shoot still photos--you can set a Go Pro to take a picture every minute, or every 30 seconds, or every ten seconds, or even every two seconds--and I like some of the results.  It's making me consider breaking my own Go Pro out again soon.  Of course, the beauty of digital photography is that you can delete all the many lame photos you're certain to end up with, and hold onto a handful of gems.

The photo above shows me paddling on Kaneohe Bay on the east side of Oahu last Tuesday.  The Go Pro's wide-angle lens does a nice job of capturing the surrounding landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment