Thursday, July 28, 2016

Putting one more week of summer behind me

A pattern of storms across the southern states has kept the temperature down this week, but not the humidity.  I welcome the break from dangerous heat but I'm still sweating up a storm anytime I go outside and engage in the slightest bit of physical exertion.

Joe and I paddled for 80 minutes in the harbor on Tuesday.  We talked about every topic under the sun and I believe we came up with solutions to the world's most pressing problems; unfortunately I had forgotten them by the time we'd been back at the dock for five minutes.

Today I went out to Walnut Grove Lake for "Thursday evening sprints" one last time before I embark on the big road trip next week.  Kata, Ralph, and Sonny rounded out the group.  The sprints were tiring and I think I was a tick or two slower than last week--I failed to break 2:20 on a couple of them--but otherwise I was satisfied with how the workout went.

No comments:

Post a Comment