Sunday, July 3, 2016

Weekend exercise

Those comfortable days we had in the middle of last week are over, and the humidity is creeping on back up there.  But it's still not as bad as it was last weekend, and it definitely isn't as bad as those couple of days right before the OICK race.

Yesterday I paddled for 70 minutes out on the Mississippi, pushing the pace pretty hard now and then.  Considering the hurt I'd put on myself on Thursday, I felt pretty good in the boat.

Under normal circumstances I'd have paddled today, but I had to make a two-hours-one-way trip over into Arkansas to pick up some white oak logs to use in my woodworking business.  Right now my pickup truck isn't rigged to carry a boat, or else I'd have taken one and paddled it on the Spring River near where the logs were.  Instead I took a swim in the Spring, and it felt great after getting very sweaty and dirty dealing with those logs.

I'll make up for the missed paddling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment