Sunday, August 21, 2016

A few photos

I'm catching up on looking at the photos I took with my normal camera and my Go Pro camera this past week.

Dale Burris (stern) and Don Walls (bow) compete in the C2 class at the USCA Nationals last Sunday. Dale and Don are my neighbors over in Arkansas.  Dale is from Russellville and Don lives in Dover:



Rob and I paddle on the Hudson River at Peekskill on Wednesday:



Here I am paddling from Peekskill up toward the Bear Mountain Bridge (barely visible off to the right).  This bridge is the path across the Hudson for U.S. Highway 202 and, just as important, the Appalachian Trail:



The next day I went back to the Hudson, this time putting in a few miles upriver at Beacon, a small town across the river from Newburgh.  Here I am paddling toward the Hamilton Fish Newburgh-Beacon Bridge that carries Interstate 84 across the river:



This is Salt Fork Reservoir in eastern Ohio.  I paddled here yesterday:



And here I am this afternoon on the Ohio River at Louisville.  I'm underneath the John F. Kennedy Memorial Bridge that carries Interstate 65 over the river, and the bridge up ahead is the Big Four Pedestrian Bridge, an old railroad bridge that people can now use to walk between Louisville and Jeffersonville, Indiana:



Here's a shot of the Louisville skyline:



These barges made me feel like I'm almost home:


No comments:

Post a Comment