Thursday, August 25, 2016

Covering the U.S.A.

My recent vacation was a productive one for my little "fifty states" project.  My swing through Rhode Island reduced to one the number of states I have never visited.  And I paddled in four states in which I'd never paddled a boat before: Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Ohio.

What follows is my updated list.  The states marked with an asterisk (*) are the ones I have merely visited.  The states marked with a pound sign (#) are the ones I have visited and paddled a boat in.

Alabama#
Alaska
Arizona*
Arkansas#
California#
Colorado#
Connecticut#
Delaware*
Florida#
Georgia#
Hawaii#
Idaho#
Illinois#
Indiana#
Iowa*
Kansas*
Kentucky#
Louisiana#
Maine*
Maryland#
Massachusetts#
Michigan#
Minnesota*
Mississippi#
Missouri#
Montana#
Nebraska*
Nevada*
New Hampshire#
New Jersey*
New Mexico#
New York#
North Carolina#
North Dakota*
Ohio#
Oklahoma*
Oregon#
Pennsylvania#
Rhode Island#
South Carolina#
South Dakota*
Tennessee#
Texas#
Utah#
Vermont#
Virginia#
Washington#
West Virginia#
Wisconsin#
Wyoming#

Alaska, we will meet one day, I promise.  Meanwhile, there are plenty of states yet to be paddled in.

No comments:

Post a Comment