Friday, August 24, 2018

My insides are all clean

I had my colonoscopy Monday morning and got just the news I'd been hoping for: "Colon looks great.  See you in ten years."  Just like that, the unpleasant weekend of prep seemed worth it.  But I'm still not looking forward to going through it again a decade from now.

By Tuesday I was slowly but surely rejoining productive society.  Paddling a loop of the harbor with Joe was a good symbolic step.  By Wednesday I was back with the strength routine, and did another round of it this morning.

Yesterday I went down to the river for a 60-minute session and a plan to paddle harder.  After warming up and doing three 8-stroke sprints in the harbor, I spent the "middle" half-hour (0:15 to 0:45) paddling at about the pace I would maintain in a 6-mile or 10-kilometer race.

We've had a week of mostly pleasant weather, with lower humidity and cooler temperatures.  The mornings especially have been lovely.  The weatherman is saying the next week or so will be closer to what we're used to in a sweaty Mid South summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment