Friday, August 17, 2018

Trying to maintain the speed a little longer

Though my out-of-the-boat life seems determined to consume every last microcalorie of my energy, I've managed a passable amount of training activity this week.

Joe and I did just half a loop of the harbor Tuesday.  We were both having busy days, and I was still a bit tired and sore from what I'd done over the weekend.  I was also having some discomfort in my left shoulder and lat area, probably from moving some massive oak planks in my workshop.

That discomfort had eased by yesterday.  I went down to the riverfront and did my first "work" workout since returning from out West.  With a short race on the schedule three weeks from tomorrow I'm trying to keep up a regimen of short, fast pieces.  After warming up and doing three 8-stroke sprints, I did a set of four 30-second sprints at three-minute intervals, then did one of my "bridge-to-bridge" sprints in 1:58, then did another set of four 30-second sprints at three-minute intervals.  The sprints didn't feel particularly sharp or smooth but I focused on good form the best I could.

I did rounds of the strength routine Monday, Wednesday, and today.  I'm not sure what I'll manage to do this weekend, as I'm scheduled to have a colonoscopy Monday and am on a restricted diet between now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment