Monday, August 6, 2018

Monday photo feature


This tire made it as far as mile marker 66 on Interstate 40 in Haywood County, Tennessee, on Friday. Then it had had enough.  What I think happened is that part of the plastic lining on the inside of the wheel well had come loose and rubbed against the tire, abrading it until the tube was able to burst through.  My Toyota Corolla has 179,000 miles on it and it's running as well as ever, but little things like those plastic liners are starting to crumble.

Fortunately I have a full-size wheel for a spare.  I found it in a junkyard in Missouri last year.  It had a good tire on it and everything.  Best 50 bucks I've ever spent on an automotive item.  I was able to complete my trip to and from North Carolina, and now getting a new tire is on my to-do list today.

No comments:

Post a Comment