Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Fontana followup

Here are the results of this past weekend's race on Fontana Reservoir.  It looks like the times column got squeezed so you can't see the last seconds digit, but at least we've got the overall order of finish here:


Sarah Ruhlen got some really nice photos at the finish.  Here's a visual of what I could only describe in words in my race-report post:

Here comes the lead pack!  That's Chris Hipgrave in the lead, followed by Terry Smith and Pete Greene.  I'm somewhere behind Terry or Pete; the guy in the orange PFD is Sven Jonsson.


Chris beats out Terry for the title.


Second place is all Terry's.


The race for third is on!  Pete had just a little too much cushion for me or Sven to run him down.


I manage to edge out Sven for fourth place.


Laurens Willard was the sixth person to paddle his boat across the line.


Cindy Massa and Ted Burnell raced in a tandem outrigger canoe (OC2).  They took first place in a class of one.


The first all-female boat to finish was this tandem surf ski.  One of the paddlers is Leslie Brass; I don't know the other's name, so I'd appreciate it if anybody who does know would tell me.


Heather Frogge was the first female solo finisher.


No comments:

Post a Comment