Monday, August 6, 2018

Race schedule update

Well, we're gettin' down to the short rows, as one of my farming ancestors might have said.

Best of luck to everybody participating in the USCA Nationals up at Syracuse this week.  I've enjoyed attending the nationals for the last two years, but this year it's just too tall an order considering the travel I've put in this past month.

I believe I will race two more times this year: in Louisiana on September 8 and in central Mississippi on September 22.  I have a wedding to go to on September 29, so I'll miss the race on the Ouachita River that day.


August
9-12  U.S. Canoe Association National Championships.  Onondaga Lake and Erie Canal, Syracuse, New York.  Marathon races in a variety of boat classes sanctioned by the USCA.


September
1  Big River Regional.  Mississippi River, Baton Rouge, Louisiana.  13 miles down the largest river in North America.

8  Lower Atchafalaya Sprints.  Atchafalaya River, Patterson, Louisiana.  A series of 3-mile races on flatwater.  Register

22  Gator Bait Race.  Barnett Reservoir outside Jackson, Mississippi.  A 5.5-mile flatwater race.  Register

29  River Rat Paddle Challenge.  Ouachita River at Monroe, Louisiana.  6.5 miles on a Class I river.

No comments:

Post a Comment